Friday, September 23, 2011

Check-in

The sky is dark-gray and the head lights of oncoming vehicles inform me that my students aren't up yet.  During the 40-minute drive just before the crack of dawn, I turn on my windshield wipers on to clear the moisture built up from the prior evening.  It brings me back to my vision and the symbolism speaks volumes of how I must refocus and make my vision plain and clear and keep it at the forefront of my mind DAILY.  After singing worship music and praying the in Spirit behind the wheel, I enter into the world of HOPE High School, my new home... a place that has a real sense of urgency in the achievement race and a setting that truly demonstrates a team and a family.  With a smile on my face, as I stand in front of my 29 9th graders, I just thank God for the position He has placed me in.  Let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment